Friday, September 11, 2009

So K is a big 6th grader now and having fun being a big middle schooler! I on the other hand have been dreading this since last Spring when she graduated from Elementary school. I remember D and I looking at each other as we watched the graduates march in and feeling very much like when we sent her off to Sunbeams for the first time! I think I cried for all of the months of May and June!

Don'tget me wrong...I am so excited for the many experiences she is about to have. I remember being her age and feeling like I had the whole world at my feet! I had so many ambitions. There was the fashion designer phase followed shortly by the journalist and interior design phases. I was big into McGyver (spell check?) so of course there was the whatever you call what he did phase and then the forensic scientist era ( I was so before my time..CSI whatevah!)...investigative reporter..oh the list goes on! I was such a big dreamer then!

K's a big dreamer too and for that I am so grateful. She is fearless and I admire that so much. She never doubts her ability to try something new and constantly challenges herself. I love how she goes for it knowing that the experience is better than sitting it out on the sidelines. ..Go girl! I am so proud of you! Reach for them stars baby! I am so grateful to be your mama and I love you so much!!

1 comment:

Pattersons said...

what a cutie! or can i still call her that? too old?:)