Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Goodbye....not so good.

So our family is a bit notorious for long, drawn out, heart wrenchingly sad, tearful farewells. I remember many times as a girl watching my mom say bye to her family and how sad it was not to mention how long it took. It wasn't uncommon to begin the goodbye session and not actually drive away till a few HOURS later. The legacy lives on!

We were so lucky to have Aggie and Bryce visit us for several weeks (I lost track how long exactly because we had so much fun!). Today they packed up and headed back to UT and you guessed it....we had a full blown tear fest. I don't know about Aggie but my eyes are so bloodshot and swollen, I will be cancelling my social calendar for the rest of the day! The kids were a mess and David got in on the fun too! I know....we're such babies.

I remember though watching my mom go through this (and still do) and thinking how much she must love her brothers and sisters because she hurts so badly when the have to part ways. I am grateful to have that same loving relationship with my family. She is an amazing sister and we had so much fun together!! I miss you Aggs!! Of course I miss you too Bryce!!

4 comments:

The Hansen's said...

Oh Sad! Sadly, we are happy to see them leave and come here. :) We miss you guys! I wonder when we will all be able to spend time together again? How are the kidos? Congratulations on you new soon to be baby!

Pattersons said...

hooray! you finally made it! good to see you here:) and...when are ag and bryce coming to cali??? didn't hear anything of that sort???

Anna and Bryce said...

hey family...i miss you guys so so so much. my eyes were so swollen too when i left. i cried for a while after we drove away...i'm going to try my hardest to make it out there for the baby... i cant wait. love you so much and kiss the kids for me. love you sis.... bryce sends his love to david..hahaha

ME ;) said...

Well- I'm glad your back with your blogging again. Lately it's the only way I keep tags on everyone. It's sometimes what I do to wind down for the day after my cheerleading squad goes to bed. I miss you guys! I'm hoping to come out there for the baby too. I hope. And you guys need to stop acting like you don't have another sister over here! I alreday told you guys I'm your favorite.... not her! Ha ha ha. I agree post pics of the babies!! Luv you!